Are you afraid wasps will ruin the vibe at your backyard bbq?
Nothing can ruin a family get-together like a wasp sting. One second you’re sipping a cold beer, and before you know it one of the kids starts screaming and chaos in sues. You grab the first aid kit while your friend helplessly googles “DIY wasp sting treatment”. We’ve all been there. Green Wing can save you a tremendous amount of parental guilt by getting ahead of the issue.
If you think you might have a stinging insect problem, the first step is to call for an inspection. Call Now: (321) 499-9114 or fill out our contact form.
What kind of stinging insects do we have in Florida?
Florida has no shortage of stinging insects. Some of the most common include:
- The African Honey Bee: these guys look like traditional honey bees, but are far more aggressive.
- Bumble Bee: bumblebees are less aggressive than African Honey Bees but still dangerous.
- Yellow Jackets: yellowjacket colonies are formed in the spring, so keep an eye out as the seasons start to change.
- Paper Wasps: these wasps get their name from the paper-like structure Queen wasps build in the spring.
How can I prevent stinging insects from taking over my backyard?
The EPA recommends taking a few key steps to eliminate sources of food and keep stinging insects away:
- Never leave food outside, especially in common spaces like playgrounds and picnic tables
- Clean sweet, sticky food and drink residue immediately after it’s been spilled
- Cover trashcans and remove garbage from outdoor spaces as soon as possible
Luckily, these pests can be controlled starting with the first visit. We create a follow-up schedule for your home or business to keep these pests at bay. Click here to learn more about our process. Life is good pest-free!
Your bug guy,