Dear Green Wing friends, family, and customers,
In one way or another, we have all felt the effect of the coronavirus (COVID-19). I have heard from many of you about the different ways the outbreak is already impacting your families, your jobs, and your daily lives. As a small business owner and a father to three young kids, I know and understand the challenges this unprecedented outbreak brings.
To continue to do our part and ensure the health and safety of our employees and the community we serve, I wanted to share how Green Wing Services is responding to the outbreak and the necessary safety and cautionary measures we are taking to prevent the spread of this serious virus.
Here are the measures Green Wing has taken to address COVID-19:
- We are following all of the health and safety guidelines as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the local public health department
- We are actively encouraging sick employees to stay at home and self-quarantine for at least 14 days if they believe they have been exposed to the virus
- The Green Wing sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance and our employees are aware of these policies
- We have instructed employees to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol or wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water should be used preferentially.
- We routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in our office, vehicles, and machinery. We will continue to follow the recommendations and best practices provided by the CDC.
According to the University of Florida, “Anthropoid and vertebrate pests do not decrease because we have a human crisis. In fact, they may become a more serious problem.” Our Green Wing specialists know that a pest problem could also mean a public health problem. As we head into mosquito, tick, flea, termite, ant, and stinging insect season, our job is to protect you and your home or place of business.
Here is Our Commitment to Protecting our Customers:
For employee and customer safety, social and physical distancing (6-ft perimeter) is required. Luckily, given our scope of services, our lawn and pest specialists already practice physical distancing when they apply pesticides to protect customers from pesticide drift. We will continue with this best practice.
Limit services to outside where possible. The pests that predominantly endanger food safety and public health start from the outside and can be treated from the outside. Pests of medical significance that can be treated from the outside include Rodents, Fire ants and stinging insects, flies, mosquitos, ticks, and fleas.
Take precautions with indoor treatment. During this time, we ask all of our customers to be conscientious about scheduling indoor pest treatments unless there is a medical or safety issue. Pests of medical significance that may need to be serviced inside include Rodents, German cockroaches, Bed bugs, and fleas. We will consider indoor treatments on a case-by-case basis to protect not only our employees but our customers.
Continue to wear appropriate PPE. All of our employees must always abide by the Personal Protective Equipment guidelines to minimize exposure to hazards that could cause serious injury or illness. PPE is critical during these times. Continue to call-ahead prior to services.
The day before a scheduled visit, we remind customers of our service for the following day. In some requested cases, we will call customers on our way to their property. During these calls, we will inform you of any service modifications and social-distancing steps we are taking to minimize exposure to COVID-19.
Although we are unsure what the future holds, I believe in our community. Whether it’s a hurricane or an outbreak, we have always come out stronger, together.
Stay safe and healthy.
Your bug guy,